Logging in with an Existing NGIN Account:
- If you already have an NGIN account from last season or from another NGIN website, Login using that same Username and Password. Then click on the "Join This Site's Network" link in the grey Menu panel to the left side of the Home Page. Then send an e-mail to Eric Ebert letting him know your account has been added to the MGHCA website and that you'd like access to your team page for this season.
Creating a New Account:
- If you do not already have an account for the web site, please click on the “Create an Account” link in the upper left corner of the page.
- Enter a unique Username and Password for yourself (please write this down and keep track of it) and click “Sign Up”.
- Follow the steps to "Activate" your account.
- You will then need to send an e-mail to Eric Ebert with MGHCA.
- Send a brief message letting him know that you have signed up on the site - include your name, school, position with the team and contact number.
- Once approved, you will then be granted permission to access your team’s home page(s) on the web site. The team pages are found under the “Team” section of the site.
- After permission has been granted, you will receive a confirmation reply. Then you can login, go to your team’s page and begin editing the content, i.e. Roster, Game Schedule and eventually Game Results.
- The Home Teams will be responsible for entering games to the schedule and game results.
Tournament Games and Results will be entered and managed by the Tournament Host.
Editing Your Team Page:
- When logged in and on to your team’s home page, you will see the “Edit Mode” tab in the upper right corner. Click into “Edit Mode”.
- Content tab: use the “Add Page Element” to edit or add Text, Photos, Documents, Events, News Articles, Links, Contact Info, Videos, etc. to your team’s page.
- Permissions tab: invite other members of your staff or volunteer parents to create an account on the site as you did on the previous page. Use the “Add Profile” tool to grant editing permission to those members and have them assist you with maintaining your team page.
- You may also “Add New Pages” under your team’s main page section to organize additional content. You can change the Page Status of a page from Public to Private to Disabled.
- If you'd like to update your team's logo or you team colors, click on the "Options" tab and then "Edit Page Details".
Then click on Sports Management link. Or click over into the Admin Control Panel in the upper right. Then click on the Website Tools Tab and the Sports Management link. Click on the Edit Team link to the right.
Viewing Last Season's Content:
- On every team page, you will see a Season drop-down tool in the upper right. It will be set for the current season. Click and select "More Options" to display the previous season or seasons.
- If you have content on last year's team page that you'd like moved to the current season's page, click on the "Move" tool in the header bar of the Layout Container or the individual Page Element and select this year's team page to move the content.
Entering Your Home Games on the Schedule:
- On your Team Page, click over into Edit Mode, click on Game Schedule, and then Add Game. As Home teams should be entering their games, you should not need to adjust the "Home" setting for your team (Team 1). Select the visiting team ("Team 2"), Game Time and Location. Click "Create Game".
- Note: You will only be able to select the "MGHCA Teams" option for Team 2 as this league website is not "networked" with any other league sites. Therefore, you can ignore the "Outside League" option. If your team is playing a team outside the state/league, look for them listed in the MGHCA Teams list. If they are not in the list, please send an email to NGIN and we will add them to the list and make them available.
Note: For the "Standings Options" drop-down, you will not need to adjust this setting. Leave it set to "Affects league and division standings".
Entering Your Roster:
- On your Team Page, click over into Edit Mode, click on Roster and then Create New Player. Enter the player's information including name, email address (optional), position, number and graduation year. Click "Save Player".
Enter Game Results:
Adding "Widgets" to your Team Page:
- Widgets are summaries of information taken from your Roster, Game Schedule, Statistics and Standings tools. Adding Widgets to your team's home page will help engage your fans by displaying important information easily for them to find.
- On your team page, click on one of the tab at the top:
- Game Schedule
- In Edit Mode under each tab, you will see a "Create Widget" link. Click on that and select the various options available.
- Once you've created a Widget, go to your team page and click "Add Page Element". Scroll down towards the bottom of the Page Element menu and find the NGIN Widget element.
- The Widgets you've created will be available in this list. Select the Widget you'd like to add and it will be placed in that spot - displaying the information your selected, i.e. roster list, game highlight summary, team points leader, standings table.
- If you need any help with any of the system's features or Page Elements, the first step you can take is to visit the SPORT NGIN Knowledgebase to search for articles and helpful information.
- If you are unable to find the answer there, please contact NGIN Support.
- Your question or issue will be addressed in a timely manner.
- You are also welcome to contact your site’s administrator or call TST Media directly at 612-379-1030 ext 3.
Thank you and have a great season!